Saturday, September 23, 2006

Pig Out Inn

I don't normally watch Barbecue America for a number of reasons (that the host wears a picnic tablecloth for a shirt should be enough). However, because the show was heading to Natchez, MS and because I have no plans for a 600-mile road trip to get BBQ, I thought I'd watch at least one segment of today's episode. The head doofus ate at the Pig Out Inn where the food looked good and the pit setup was top notch.

What really interested me were the beans. They cook them in the smoker underneath all the meat so that the drippings collect in the pot for flavor. Brilliant! Plus, they add mustard seeds to the beans which sounds tasty. Now I want a smoker large enough for a pork shoulder, two racks of ribs, two chickens and a big pot of beans. I think I know what I'm giving myself for my birthday.

No comments: