Sunday, August 27, 2006

Day One

I feel like I already screwed up. I had grand plans to start my first batch of sauce today, but instead I've been fiddling with this damn website for hours. Looks like the cooking will have to wait. In the meantime, here's the base recipe I cobbled together from a variety of cookbooks and old-fashioned internet research:

Dry Ingredients
1 tsp Lemon Powder
2 tsp Smoked Paprika
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Basil
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Thyme
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Celery Seed
1/2 tsp Cloves
1 tbsp Chipotle Chili Powder
1 tsp Dry Mustard
Salt
Pepper

Wet Ingredients
3 cups Beef Stock
2 cans Tomato Paste
2 cans Tomato Sauce
1/2 cup Cider Vinegar
1/2 cup Worcestershire

Combine the wet ingredients and bring to a boil. Combine the dry ingredients. Add to the wet and simmer til thick.
I haven't really decided how secretive to be about the ingredients for The Sauce. For now, it doesn't really matter. The above recipe is a wild guess, and I'll be surprised if it's even edible.

No comments: