Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Après Moi, le Déluge

My harsh criticism for a certain establishment on Madison is well known, but it's not my fault. The Bar-B-Q Shop continues to suck. On Saturday, I planned to pick up the final sauces needed for our little tasting, but before I could get it in gear, the clouds burst. I thought, "No worries, I'll run out and grab the last minute items tomorrow, at the last minute." No need to mess about in the storm.

It was not my intention to exclude said restaurant from the gathering. In fact, I knew I'd catch a lot a grief if they weren't represented, as a host of Bar-B-Q Shop apologists would be in attendance. Well, the stupid place is closed on Sunday. Tops? Open. Central? Open. Three Little Pigs? Open. Whole Hog Café? Open. Bar-B-Q Shop? Closed. Also, the sauce does not seem to be available at either Schnucks or the Piggly Wiggly. At least, not in midtown. I checked.

I'm working on posting the results of the tasting, but wanted to get that mini-rant out on the Interweb.